Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Abubakar Bukola Saraki Foundation @AbsfoundationNG Donates Relief Items to the people of Kwara
The Abubakar Bukola Saraki Foundation is donating a raft of relief items to be distributed across Kwara State from Monday March 30, 2020 in an effort to drive measures to help ease the burden created by the national call for ‘social’ distancing and self-isolation as key ways to contain the spread of the corona virus.
The relief items include food items for the most needy, hygiene and sanitary items, and materials such as gloves and masks to help Kwarans protect themselves.
Mr. Olayinka Otukoko, the Foundation’s Director, Community Impact, explains that the choice of items to be distributed are destined to alleviate some of the impact of the abrupt shutdown of income for many Kwarans who are daily wage earners and self-employed workers, among others, in the informal economy . It is these groups in particular who have been adversely affected by the stay-at-home order recently issued by the State government as Nigeria races to halt the spread of Covid-19.
Mr. Otukoko went on to say: “We all find ourselves in the most difficult and unusual position, deprived of our access to livelihoods and education, routines, plans, both small and big. We can be afraid but must not panic for fear is a bad advisor. We must all hold together until the situation returns to some normality. We will survive this crisis by showing solidarity, which means that in the interest of protecting our health and safety we must adhere to the rules and regulations put in place. Please, rest assured that The Abubakar Bukola Saraki Foundation is working hard to help our people protect and help themselves in this tough period”.
He continued that “the various items will be distributed across the 16 local government areas of the state in an effort to cushion the effect of the ‘stay at home’ and ‘live safely’ campaign by governments across the globe. With our primary focus on public health and the social development of those least able to help themselves, we at The Abubakar Bukola Saraki Foundation, have consciously adopted a distribution method that will take into consideration the need for social distancing, holistic sanitation and personal hygiene as initial ways of stemming the spread of the Corona Virus,” Otukoko stated.
He concluded by stating that the intervention is a strong symbol of the social welfare and people-oriented philosophy at the heart of the Abubakar Bukola Saraki Foundation. It likewise reflects the views of its patron, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, who has always worked for the improvement of the standard of living of all Kwarans, in particular, and Nigerians in general.
Director, Community Impact
Abubakar Bukola Saraki Foundation
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.