Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari will broadcast to the nation on Sunday evening, his spokesman has said. Official number as at the time of filling this story shows that a total of 79 Coronavirus cases have been reported by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, NCDC.
The President has been criticised for his refusal to speak to the Nigerian people and be seen since the outbreak of the Virus was announced in Nigeria.
Prominent among those that criticised the President, is Imam Tawhidi, an Australian based Islamic Scholar who called out the President in a series of tweets that trended world over for two days.
The broadcast, scheduled for 7pm, will be on the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), according to Femi Adesina.
He asked all television, radio and other electronic media outlets to hook up to the networks.
Statement issued below..
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
PRESIDENT BUHARI BROACASTS TO THE NATION
President Muhammadu Buhari will broadcast to the nation Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 7pm.
Television, radio and other electronic media outlets are enjoined to hook up to the network services of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) respectively for the broadcast.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
March 29, 2020
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan
- Nigeria confirms 387 new Coronavirus cases, totalling 9,302
- Buhari says post-coronavirus, an opportunity for Africa to look within, explore manufacturing potentials
- Buhari assures Nigerians that the mandate for change remains relevant to improve livelihoods