Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian music star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido says he has gone into self-isolation.
He explained that he took the decision after his fiancée, Chioma, tested positive to coronavirus (COVID-19).
The music star announced this on Friday via his verified Twitter handle.
In the series of tweets, he noted that he recently returned to Nigeria from America after cancelling his tour, while Chioma also came back from London recently with their baby.
Davido stated that although they had no symptoms and were perfectly fine, they decided to take the COVID-19 test on Wednesday along with the close associates they had recent contact with as a result of their travel history.
“Unfortunately, my fiancée’s result came back positive while all 31 others tested have come back negative, including our baby.
“We are, however, doing perfectly fine and she is even still yet to show any symptoms whatsoever,” he revealed.
According to the 27-year-old, Chioma has been quarantined while he has gone into self-isolation for the minimum 14 days.
He thanked his fans and well-wishers for their love and prayers in advance and urged them to stay at home, in order to curtail the spread of the disease.
- “Your appointments will ruin Nigeria”, Col Umar warns Buhari in open letter
- “We have lost a great member” Redeemed Church Demands #JUSTICE4UWA
- Breaking: Churches to reopen next week in A/Ibom
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women