Estimated Reading Time: 1
As part of measures to curb the spread of #COVID19, The Federal Capital Territory Administration has ordered workers at Grade level 1 to 12 to stay at home
It also ordered the immediate closure of shops in the markets and neighbourhood centres, except those selling food items and other essential commodities.
The Minister of FCT, Muhammad Bello, announced the measure at a press conference on Tuesday in Abuja, and also ordered the immediate closure of churches and mosques.
The minister also said the FCTA would work with the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital to expand the capacity of the current isolation and treatment centre to accommodate more patients by providing the essential facilities.
He said containing the virus depended largely on personal choices and adhering strictly to the laid down measures.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis