Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria’s Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is currently in self-quarantine amid the spread of the new coronavirus in the country.
His spokesman Laolu Akande, said on his Twitter page, that the Vice President has been “conducting his meetings via video conferencing while observing social distance.”
Laolu Akande’s tweet comes after it emerged that the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr Abba Kyari, has tested positive for the coronavirus. Kyari is believed to have been infected during his recent trip to Germany where he met with officials of Siemens in Munich on Nigeria’s electricity expansion programme.
The Chief of Staff was said to have returned on March 14 and, apparently, did not show any symptoms of being infected with the virus at the time.
- Kwara cancels pension to ex-governors signed by Saraki in 2011
- Centre for Liberty demands immediate restoration of access to People‘s Gazette website
- Court orders forfeiture of millions found in Ex-Zamfara State account
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party