Estimated Reading Time: 1
A Peoples Democratic Party member representing Cross River North Senatorial District in the National Assembly is dead.
One of her aides confirmed her demise on condition of anonymity in Abuja on Tuesday morning, said the late Senator died on Monday at the age of 63.
He said the late Oko died last night in a hospital, in the United Kingdom. She was a second term member of the National Assembly and until her death, the chairman, Senate Committee on Trade and Investment.
The late Oko was born on September 27, 1956. She was a member of the House of Representatives when she represented the Yala/Ogoja Federal Constituency in the 7th National Assembly.
She was elected into office as the first female representative from her constituency in June 2011 and was Deputy Chairman House Committee on Education.
She was elected as the first female representative from her Senatorial District in June 2015, and re-elected in 2019.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom