Estimated Reading Time: <1
Enugu state has reported a fresh suspected case of COVID-19.
This is confirmed in a statement from the permanent secretary in the state’s ministry of health, Dr Ifeanyi Agujiobi.
Dr Agujiobi says the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been informed, while a sample has been collected and sent for investigations.
The suspected case, a female, has reportedly been in the UK in the last five months.
She came to Enugu through Owerri on march the 11th to visit her son.
Dr Agujiobi adds that the suspect is being monitored and the results awaited.
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi