Estimated Reading Time: 1
Security Operatives on Monday escorted the dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II has been arrested and whisked him out of the ancient city amidst tight security.
Security Operatives have succeeded in taking away the Dethroned Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sansui 11 and flown him out of the ancient City amidst tied Security.
Before he was taken away Emir Sanusi by the heavy Security Personnel of DSS, Police and Military, he was said to have been put under house arrest with the Palace been sealed off by the heavy Armed Security.
TheNation Newspaper reports that security operatives are heading to Nassarawa state where Sanusi will spend the rest of his life in asylum.
Before he was taken away, Sanusi was said to have been put under house arrest by the heavy security personnel of DSS, Police and Military.
The arrest was after the security operatives sealed off the Palace.
An impeccable source at the Government House hinted that Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, who is presiding over an emergency Executive Council Meeting, is set to announce the new emir any moment.
The Nation reliably gathered that the names of some powerful aristocrats with direct lineage to the Palace were tabled before Ganduje, who has the constitutional powers to appoint an Emir.
A team of security operatives on Monday stormed the palace of the Emir of Kano in Kano State.
The team of security personnel at the traditional ruler’s palace included men of the Nigeria Police and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud
- Plateau State Chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Akwa Ibom has not received any financial assistance from FG – Gov Udom Emmanuel
- 24 hours after Ayade’s ‘party’ to celebrate zero COVID-19, UCTH announce 5 positive cases
- Ondo State Governor’s wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, aide test positive for COVID-19
- NUJ wants Ondo Governor to declare 14 days lockdown
- Nigeria’s debt portfolio of has risen to N28.63tn
- Plateau LG chairman, Ezekiel Mandyau, is dead
- Centre for disease control discharges higher number of Covid-19 patients in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Kano Governor orders ease of lockdown