Estimated Reading Time: 1
Emir of Bichi, Aminu Ado Bayero has been announced as the new Emir of Kano.
The announcement was made by the Secretary to the State Government, Usman Alhaji a few hours after the removal of Muhammadu Sanusi II.
The appointment takes immediate effect according to the SSG.
Security was beefed up around the Emir’s palace and strategic places, including the Government House area in Kano metropolis on Monday to safeguard lives and property after the deposition of Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II.
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Secretary to the Kano State Government (SSG), Alhaji Usman Alhaji, announced the removal of the embattled monarch at a news conference in Government House on Monday.
NAN reports that armed security personnel were deployed at the main entrance to the Government House monitoring the movement of people going along the State Road which leads to other parts of the city.
NAN also observed that visitors to the Government House were subjected to thorough check as part of measures to check unwanted visitors.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid