Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has hailed the strength and resilience of women.
In a statement issued on Sunday to mark the 2020 International Women’s Day, the former president said Nigeria recognizes their sacrifices and achievements across all walks of life.
He also gave an assurance of his continued support to break down barriers against gender equality and the rights of women.
#HappyWomensDay2020 to women all over the world,” he said in the statement.
“Today the world celebrates your strength and resilience. We recognize your sacrifices and achievements in all walks of life.
“I urge that we all continue to strive to break down barriers against gender equality and women’s rights,” Jonathan added.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom