Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former Governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa, has described as hypocrites and sycophants those hailing President Muhammadu Buhari over security situations in the country.
Bafarawa, in an interview with a British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Hausa reporter, monitored by PRNigeria, – the former governor said the Federal Government, led by Buhari, has performed woefully in the area of providing effective security for the masses, especially Northerners.
He added that Northerners have not only been at the mercy of bandits, insurgents and kidnappers in recent times, but the region itself has not witnessed any visible infrastructural development despite having their own at the helms of affair as President, since 2015.
“Nothing good seems to be working for us Northerners. Insecurity has since held our region by the jugular. The North has become the object of ridicule and pity. In the areas of education, and commerce, we lead from the rear, in the comity of Nigeria’s geo-political zones.
“There are claims that President Buhari is working and transforming the entire country. But I dare say that the North has not felt his impact since he came on board,” he added.
The ex-Governor of the ‘Seat of the Caliphate’, while pointing out that harmless and innocent Northerners are being traded with bandits the way cattle and other domestic animals are also traded in markets, said there is no village in most of the Northern States that has not suffered bandits’ attack. Bafarawa, stressed that President Buhari, can only address the problem of insecurity bedeviling the North, through listening and adhering to the wise counsels and objective criticisms offered by patriotic statesmen, and other spirited Nigerians.
Read more at: https://prnigeria.com/2020/03/07/insecurity-sychophants-hail-buhari/
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government