Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Hon. Justice Monica B. Dongban Mensem as the Acting President of the Court of Appeal for an initial period of three (3) months.
The appointment is with effect from March 6, 2020, when the incumbent President of the Court of Appeal, Hon. Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, would statutorily retire from service.
A statement issued by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu in Abuja on Thursday stated that Justice Mensem, who is the next most senior Judge of the Court of Appeal, will be acting pending when a substantive appointment to the position of the President of the Court of Appeal may be made by President Buhari subject to the confirmation of the Senate.
“The President’s approval of the appointment of Justice Mensem, followed the recommendation of the Chief Justice of Nigeria in line with the provisions of Section 238(4) & (5) of the 1999 Constitution as amended,” the statement said.
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu