Estimated Reading Time: 2
Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says a serving minister and some governors are responsible for his ordeal in the party.
Speaking with state house correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at Aso Rock on Thursday, Oshiomhole described himself as a child of light who will always defeat darkness.
He did not name the minister and the governors. A federal high court in Abuja had ordered his suspension on Wednesday and the police took over the APC secretariat after the ruling.
Mr Adams Oshiomhole of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has appealed the court judgement which suspended him as the national chairman of the party.
He filed the suit on Wednesday, hours after a Federal Capital Territory High Court granted an order of interim injunction restraining Oshiomhole from parading himself as APC National Chairman.
In the notice of appeal filed on four grounds, Oshiomhole faulted the “whole ruling” of the trial court which granted the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction.
Among other claims, he alleged that the trial court erred in law and arrived at a wrong conclusion which occasioned a miscarriage of justice when it decided that question that his performance as APC national chairman would interfere with the party membership rights of the first to sixth respondents in the suit, at the interlocutory stage.
Oshiomhole who filed the appeal along with the APC, therefore, sought an order of the appellate court to set aside the ruling of the trial court.
Joined as respondents to the suit are Mustapha Salihu, Anselm Ojezua, Sani Gomna, Oshawo Steve, Fani Wabulari, and Princewill Ejogharado.
The Inspector General of Police and Department of State Services (DSS) were listed as the seventh and eighth respondents.
Moments after the judgement which suspended Oshiomhole, a team of policemen took over the national secretariat of the ruling party in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown