Estimated Reading Time: 2
Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says a serving minister and some governors are responsible for his ordeal in the party.
Speaking with state house correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at Aso Rock on Thursday, Oshiomhole described himself as a child of light who will always defeat darkness.
He did not name the minister and the governors. A federal high court in Abuja had ordered his suspension on Wednesday and the police took over the APC secretariat after the ruling.
Mr Adams Oshiomhole of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has appealed the court judgement which suspended him as the national chairman of the party.
He filed the suit on Wednesday, hours after a Federal Capital Territory High Court granted an order of interim injunction restraining Oshiomhole from parading himself as APC National Chairman.
In the notice of appeal filed on four grounds, Oshiomhole faulted the “whole ruling” of the trial court which granted the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction.
Among other claims, he alleged that the trial court erred in law and arrived at a wrong conclusion which occasioned a miscarriage of justice when it decided that question that his performance as APC national chairman would interfere with the party membership rights of the first to sixth respondents in the suit, at the interlocutory stage.
Oshiomhole who filed the appeal along with the APC, therefore, sought an order of the appellate court to set aside the ruling of the trial court.
Joined as respondents to the suit are Mustapha Salihu, Anselm Ojezua, Sani Gomna, Oshawo Steve, Fani Wabulari, and Princewill Ejogharado.
The Inspector General of Police and Department of State Services (DSS) were listed as the seventh and eighth respondents.
Moments after the judgement which suspended Oshiomhole, a team of policemen took over the national secretariat of the ruling party in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
- “Your appointments will ruin Nigeria”, Col Umar warns Buhari in open letter
- “We have lost a great member” Redeemed Church Demands #JUSTICE4UWA
- Breaking: Churches to reopen next week in A/Ibom
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women