Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, on Monday revealed that the coronavirus index case in Lagos is responding very well to treatment at the infectious diseases hospital in Yaba, Lagos State.
The Minister, who spoke at a news conference in Abuja, maintained that all who had contacts with the index case, both in Lagos and Ogun states, are currently being managed, as none of the suspected cases has tested positive to the virus according to Channels Television.
He also noted that all suspected cases in Plateau state, where the State’s Ministry of Health quarantined about 40 persons who came in contact with a Chinese miner, are under close monitoring.
Meanwhile, the Minister warned the public against panicking and assured citizens of the Federal Government’s preparedness to contain the virus.
“We should all remain calm and avoid panic at this time,” Ehanire said. “Everyone should regularly and thoroughly wash hands with soap or use alcohol-based sanitisers to disinfect their hands, maintain one-metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. This is called social distancing.
“Make sure you and the people around you follow good respiratory hygiene, which means covering your mouth and your nose with a handkerchief or tissue when you cough or sneeze, or if you do not have any of those immediately at hand, cough and sneeze into your bent elbow; immediately dispose of used tissue after use.”
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria