Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, on Monday revealed that the coronavirus index case in Lagos is responding very well to treatment at the infectious diseases hospital in Yaba, Lagos State.
The Minister, who spoke at a news conference in Abuja, maintained that all who had contacts with the index case, both in Lagos and Ogun states, are currently being managed, as none of the suspected cases has tested positive to the virus according to Channels Television.
He also noted that all suspected cases in Plateau state, where the State’s Ministry of Health quarantined about 40 persons who came in contact with a Chinese miner, are under close monitoring.
Meanwhile, the Minister warned the public against panicking and assured citizens of the Federal Government’s preparedness to contain the virus.
“We should all remain calm and avoid panic at this time,” Ehanire said. “Everyone should regularly and thoroughly wash hands with soap or use alcohol-based sanitisers to disinfect their hands, maintain one-metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. This is called social distancing.
“Make sure you and the people around you follow good respiratory hygiene, which means covering your mouth and your nose with a handkerchief or tissue when you cough or sneeze, or if you do not have any of those immediately at hand, cough and sneeze into your bent elbow; immediately dispose of used tissue after use.”
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children