Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, says the Deputy Governor-elect, whose certificate scandal cost the All Progressives Congress the Bayelsa State governorship seat, is on the verge of committing suicide.
Sylva said who said the decision of the Supreme Court was unfair made the remarks Monday on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme.
The governor-elect, David Lyon; and the governor-elect, Senator Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo, were sacked by the Supreme Court on the eve of their inauguration while the Peoples Democratic Party took over the leadership of the state.
“I’m dealing with a former deputy governor that is on the verge of committing suicide. This is a matter of life and death. Every day I have to call to find out that he hasn’t done anything to himself.
“If someone said you forged your certificate and you have built your life and integrity and someone all of a sudden brings everything down that can lead to suicide.
“If you have a case in court challenging the authenticity of the certificate of a candidate that is a different one but if you say it is a case of forgery and you have not heard from the person concerned then you have not established anything.
“You haven’t gone to school or university where this person studied to confirm the veracity of the allegation but you already condemn the person. It’s is very sad and dangerous.”
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole