Estimated Reading Time: <1
The President of Petroleum and Natural Gas Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN), Comrade Ndukaku Ohaeri has called on Federal Government to declare state of emergency in the nation’s security sector.
The labour leader also called on Federal Government to create conducive business for local and international investors to thrive.
Ohaeri who made the call this weekend while expressing his worry over insecurity, cited kidnapping cases across the country as his reason for the call.
According to him “PENGASSAN is using this event to commend President Muhammadu Buhari over his efforts that has reduced Boko Haram and its activities. But President must now focus more attention towards tackling internal insecurity across the country because many people are facing danger and travelling by roads is now nightmare based activities by kidnappers.”
The PENGASSAN boss urged the president to create conducive business atmosphere, if truly he wants both local and international investors to invest in the economy.
“Creating conducive environment for business to thrive will enable more creation of jobs for Nigerians. Mostly in aviation industry cost of doing business is chasing away investors. Few days ago I spoke with one foreign pilot on why they are not having strong business base in Nigeria. He told me that multiple taxation is one of the main reason.
“As government embarks on major finance reforms, it is high time government addressed the issue of multiple taxation which have become a threat to the growth of business enterprises across the country.
‘’Government should not be more interested in collecting taxes than creating enabling environment for business to thrive. Nigeria currently ranking as 131st from 146th in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index remains concern.”
- No better opportunity than now for all Christians to pray – Buhari’s Easter Message to Nigerians
- COVID-19: Health Minister says he is not aware if medical doctors in Nigeria are paid hazard allowance
- I never knew Nigeria’s healthcare infrastructure was in such bad state – Senior Nigerian Govt official says
- Lagos Govt denies relaxing lockdown in the state for Easter celebration
- Bauchi State governor, Senator Bala Mohammed tests negative for Coronavirus
- Lagos commissioner says government will soon commence search for COVID-19 patients in communities
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus