Estimated Reading Time: <1
Women have been urged to be part of the political system and process and not be deterred by the challenges.
The Women gathered in Abuja to deliberate on issues cantered around sexual harassment in Nigeria and as well as gender based violence.
The gathering which held on the 3rd of December 2019 hosted by “Abuja Discourse” in partnership with Open Society Initiative for West Africa, OSIWA, had in attendance, Nigeria’s former Minister of Women’s Affairs and first Women leader of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Mrs Iyom Josephine Anenih, remarked at the event that women have the capacity to turn the fortune of any nation for the best – while advocating on issues around women participation in politics and sexual harassment of women.
The former women leader of the PDP talked about sexual harassment and patriarchy system in Nigeria
“Women hold the key to the sustenance of the patriarchy system and its survival,” Mrs Anenih said.
The former Minister emphasised on the challenges, obstacles for women who intend to actively participate in Politics, and urged the women not to be deterred .
Abuja Discourse is a platform coordinated by Dinidari Foundation that curates conversations towards policy and legislative driven solutions.
That sees to host Conversations centred around emerging trends and issues that affects women, youths, Electoral reforms, shrinking civil space, human rights, access to justice, livelihood, decent work, sexual harassment, gender equality bills, actions and inaction of government towards positive sustainable development.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom