Estimated Reading Time: <1
A civil rights group, The Enough Is Enough Movement, had given a 14-day ultimatum to the federal government to release Mr. Omoyele Sowore or face nationwide protests –
On Monday, the group marched in front of the National Human Rights Commission in Abuja and in Lagos to submit a petition against the government. But the Nigerian Government backed supporters were also at same venue with placards stagging a counter protest where Activist, Deji Adeyanju was physically attacked as seen in the video below.
They were confronted by another group supporting and backing the regime of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The attack took place in front of the National Human Rights Commission in Abuja..
Sowore and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, are standing trial on a 16-count bordering on treasonable felony and money laundering amongst other charges.
They have since pleaded not guilty and were granted bail in the sum of N100 million and N30 million respectively.
The Department of State Services (DSS) had refused to release them on bail even after they met their bail application, forcing Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu to issue a 24-hour order for their release.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls