Estimated Reading Time: <1
Founder and general overseer of the Living Faith Church, a.k.a. Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo has described the controversial hate speech bill as a ‘crazy idea.’
The bill, sponsored by a former senate spokesperson, who is now the deputy senate whip, Sabi Abdullahi, passed first reading on the floor of the red chamber on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
It is titled the National Commission for the Prohibition of Hate Speeches (Estb., etc) Bill 2019. The bill prescribed death by hanging, for anyone found guilty of the offence.
The cleric, said the aim of the bill was to silence Nigerians boasted that no one can silence a man of God because he is called by God.
“You say something truthful about them and they call it is hate speech? You can’t silence a man of God because he is called by God.” He said.
“I don’t know if anyone loves Nigeria more than I do. Imagine they are not hanging killers, they want to hang ‘hate speakers?
“ Anyways that is dead already, if the wicked will not stop his wickedness God will stop his wickedness.”
Speaking at Shiloh 2019 tagged ‘Breaking limit, Oyedepo said “Hate speech is one of the most crazy idea ever.”
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State