Estimated Reading Time: <1
The acting Chairman of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Alhaji Musa Liman Kwande, has said northerners will vote for only a presidential candidate of northern origin in 2023 irrespective of the political party he belongs to.
He disclosed this on Sunday in Lafia, Nasarawa state saying, “I am expressing my opinion as a full pledged Northerner and a citizen of Nigeria and not that of ACF.
“Northern Nigerians who are tested and trusted should contest for any political office with anybody from any part of Nigeria and the people should exercise their democratic franchise to vote for their candidate of choice.”
Alhaji Kwande added that the ACF and Northern Elders Forum (NEF) are all pressure groups striving for the development of northern Nigeria in particular and Nigeria in general, just like Afenifere, Ohaneze Ndi Igbo and others in the South-South region.
Alhaji Kwande, who is the Baraden-generalismo of Lafia, however, call on northerners to strive towards developing the region by voting for people who are pro-development and not those who are self-centered.
He said, “Nigeria is our country, we must unite and develop it despite being from different geographical locations. We should not relent in the pursuit of growth and development as we are blessed with gifted people and many resources, as only Nigerians would develop the country to greater heights.”
The acting ACF chairman, however, called on Nigerians to embrace peace and dialogue and denounce violence, saying it is against democratic norms and a treat to the federation. He called on politicians to accept election results and be statesmen, noting that the youths should avoid being used as political thugs.
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks