Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari is expecting scrupulous investigation into the heinous murder of Madam Achejuh Abuh, the Women Leader of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Wada/Aro campaign council, in the just concluded gubernatorial election in Kogi state.
Buhari, in a statement issued on Sunday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, decried whatever could spur anyone to take the life of another human being, particularly a woman, who was burnt to death in her home in the most gruesome manner.
The president charged all security agencies involved in the investigation to do a thorough and expeditious job on the matter, so that justice could be served without fear or favour.
“We must learn to behave decently, whether during elections or at other times. No life should be taken wantonly under any guise, and the fact that this reprehensible act occurred two days after voting shows primitive behaviour, which should not be accepted in a decent society,” he said.
Buhari, who sympathises with the family of the deceased, vowed that the law would catch up with the malefactors, and justice would be done.
The president said any descent to barbarism, as was visited on the PDP Women Leader, had gone out of the realm of politics, describing it as pure criminality and bestiality.
“Such evildoers must be brought to justice, irrespective of whatever allegiances they hold,” he added.
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks