Estimated Reading Time: <1
A very disturbing new video in possession of PRNigeria has revealed how the son of the Shehu of Borno, Kashim Abubakar- Elkanemi, allegedly knocked down an officer of Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) at a car racing in Maiduguri, Borno State.
The incident occurred on November 16, at about 5:30 pm at the Ramat Square Maiduguri, when some children of Borno prominent personalities pulled a street racing stunts with dozens of expensive cars under a group known as “Yarwa Squad.”
The wounded officer, Mr Usman Bakari, is the NSCDC Divisional Officer in charge of the Maiduguri metropolitan council.
An eyewitness who confirmed the development to PRNigeria on Monday, said the officer was alleged to have been crushed by the Shehu’s son for asking them to stop the race in order to prevent an accident.
“Bakari came to beg us to stop the stunts but some youths started insulting him and calling him names. Some of the youths were saying that Maiduguri belongs to them and they have the right to do whatever they want.
“In fact, some of the youth were saying ‘who are you (NSCDC officer) to stop the Son of the Shehu from doing whatever he wants to do. This is his father’s land.’
“While the argument was going on, two vehicles sped towards the officer in an attempt to hit him, but the officer narrowly escaped.
“However, the Shehu’s Son made another turn with the vehicle and in top speed, he knocked down the security officer while other personnel narrowly escaped the attack..”
The video shows the officer being hit by a sky-blue Peugeot 406 with flew him in the air before landing on the ground, just as the vehicle fled the scene immediately afterwards.
The affected officer who was left in his pool of blood with various degrees of injuries was taken to the Maiduguri Specialist Hospital for treatment.
However, a suspect associated with the incident who was arrested by the NSCDC Borno command while the son of Elkanemi escaped.
- Tinubu describes Obaseki as an errant, ill disciplined governor and a dictator, who has been contemptuous of the people of Edo state
- Breaking: European Union lifts travel restrictions
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Naira Marley irritates the hypocrisy in all of us
- Buhari signs amended Companies Allied Matters bill
- Lai Mohammed says the hate speech N5 million fine is to deter those willing to destabilise Nigeria
- DG of the Progressive Governors forum says party is losing electoral value
- Just In: NUPENG orders tanker drivers to Suspend services in Lagos
- Candidate of the APC in Edo State, Ize-Iyamu says he does not want to go to Jail
- Former Nassarawa SSG cleared of all allegations of financial misappropriation
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion