Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Thursday, told an FCT High Court that the agency will seek a court order for separate trial for former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) from seven other defendants.
Dasuki is being tried in two separate cases alongside other defendants before Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf by EFCC since 2015 on alleged misappropriation of fund made arms.
At the resumed sitting in case FCT/HC/CR/43/2015, EFCC counsel, Mr Rotimi Jacobs, SAN, expressed frustration over the continuous absence of Dasuki, who is the first defendant in the case.
He informed the court that the prosecution had filed a motion dated Nov. 4, seeking the continuation of trial in Dasuki’s absence, adding that the prosecution was served with a counter affidavit this morning.
Jacobs , however, said that the best thing to do in the present circumstance was the unbundling of the case so that Dasuki would be separated from other defendants.
He Lamented the frustration with going on with the case, and said , “We can’t be in the same place for four years without moving.”
He, therefore, told the court that the charge against the defendants might be amended to remove Dasuki’s name to enable other defendants face their trial without further delays.
He said that he would file separates charge against other defendants in both cases in which Dasuki is involved before the court and sought for an adjournment to do so.
EFCC told the court on that Dusuki vowed that he would not appear in court for trial until such a time the government comply with the court order releasing him from the custody of the Department of State Service on bail.
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19