Estimated Reading Time: <1
The West African Examination Council (WAEC), has issued an “attestation certificate” to President Muhammadu Buhari, a presidential aide has said.
Mr Buhari has been criticised by opposition politicians and many other Nigerians after he told the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that his school certificate is still with military authorities.
The president stated this in his submission of essential forms to INEC for the 2019 elections where he is the presidential candidate of the ruling APC.
His spokesperson, Femi Adesina, in a tweet from his verified handle said “WAEC presents attestation certificate and confirmation of school cert result to President Buhari. What will the naysayers say next?”
Mr Buhari experienced similar criticism in the build up to the 2015 general elections when he was then an opposition presidential candidate. Buhari Presided over Nigeria from 2015 to date without the least required academic qualifications by the country’s electoral commission.
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi