Estimated Reading Time: <1
The West African Examination Council (WAEC), has issued an “attestation certificate” to President Muhammadu Buhari, a presidential aide has said.
Mr Buhari has been criticised by opposition politicians and many other Nigerians after he told the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that his school certificate is still with military authorities.
The president stated this in his submission of essential forms to INEC for the 2019 elections where he is the presidential candidate of the ruling APC.
His spokesperson, Femi Adesina, in a tweet from his verified handle said “WAEC presents attestation certificate and confirmation of school cert result to President Buhari. What will the naysayers say next?”
Mr Buhari experienced similar criticism in the build up to the 2015 general elections when he was then an opposition presidential candidate. Buhari Presided over Nigeria from 2015 to date without the least required academic qualifications by the country’s electoral commission.
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains
- Nigeria’s Kamaru Usman retains UFC Belt in dominant win over Masvidal
- Presidential Panel Names Pastor used by former acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu in allegedly Laundering funds
- Interest in N550 billion recovered funds by the EFCC under Ibrahim Magu “has been re-looted” – Presidential Panel
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman
- Lamorde advocates special court to ensure accelerated hearing of rape cases
- Fredrick Nwabufo: What happened to the $2.1bn arms probe against Dasuki?