Estimated Reading Time: <1
The West African Examination Council (WAEC), has issued an “attestation certificate” to President Muhammadu Buhari, a presidential aide has said.
Mr Buhari has been criticised by opposition politicians and many other Nigerians after he told the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that his school certificate is still with military authorities.
The president stated this in his submission of essential forms to INEC for the 2019 elections where he is the presidential candidate of the ruling APC.
His spokesperson, Femi Adesina, in a tweet from his verified handle said “WAEC presents attestation certificate and confirmation of school cert result to President Buhari. What will the naysayers say next?”
Mr Buhari experienced similar criticism in the build up to the 2015 general elections when he was then an opposition presidential candidate. Buhari Presided over Nigeria from 2015 to date without the least required academic qualifications by the country’s electoral commission.
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test
- American woman rescued after being held by Nigerian facebook lover for more than a year
- House propose 5-year ban from partisan politics for ex-electoral officials
- National Assembly will engage security agencies to prevent killings in Kaduna – Lawan
- Pope Francis appoints the auxiliary bishop of Onitsha Archdiocese, into Pontifical Council
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly
- Senate passes bill prescribing life imprisonment for kidnappers – Removes gender restrictions, says men or women can be raped