Estimated Reading Time: <1
TheCable Newspaper is reporting that the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a faction of Boko Haram, has executed Hauwa Leman, an aide worker with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The terrorists also promised to keep Leah Sharibu, the Dapchi schoolgirl, as “a slave for life”.
The ICRC, in a statement by Aleksandra Matijevic Mosimann and made available to newsmen yesterday had said it is making an urgent public appeal to the Nigerian Government and to communities and individuals with influence to work towards the release of the two committed medical workers abducted.
According to ICRC, “speed and urgency are critical. A deadline that could result in the killing of another health-care worker is less than 24 hours away.
“To the holder of these kidnapped women, ISWAP (Islamic State’s West African province group): We urge you for mercy. We urge you to not kill another innocent health care worker who was doing nothing but helping the community in north-east Nigeria.
“Hauwa Mohammed Liman worked in a hospital supported by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) when she was abducted on 01 March with Alice Loksha, a nurse who worked in a centre supported by UNICEF.
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government