Estimated Reading Time: <1
TheCable Newspaper is reporting that the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a faction of Boko Haram, has executed Hauwa Leman, an aide worker with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The terrorists also promised to keep Leah Sharibu, the Dapchi schoolgirl, as “a slave for life”.
The ICRC, in a statement by Aleksandra Matijevic Mosimann and made available to newsmen yesterday had said it is making an urgent public appeal to the Nigerian Government and to communities and individuals with influence to work towards the release of the two committed medical workers abducted.
According to ICRC, “speed and urgency are critical. A deadline that could result in the killing of another health-care worker is less than 24 hours away.
“To the holder of these kidnapped women, ISWAP (Islamic State’s West African province group): We urge you for mercy. We urge you to not kill another innocent health care worker who was doing nothing but helping the community in north-east Nigeria.
“Hauwa Mohammed Liman worked in a hospital supported by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) when she was abducted on 01 March with Alice Loksha, a nurse who worked in a centre supported by UNICEF.
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th