Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun, has resigned sources close to her told Daily Trust Newspaper.
It is not clear when she submitted her resignation letter.
According to our source, the resignation followed the allegation of not serving the compulsory National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, and obtaining a certificate that the NYSC have disowned.
The minister felt that her position is becoming untenable and is hurting the President in the run up to the 2019 election.
Presidency sources tell NewsWireNGR she had to be forced to resign or she’d have been sacked – ‘though the President has been reluctant but this is an election year and the agitations to get her to explain whether or not she forged the documents keeps embarrassing the Presidency‘
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives
- Alleged N41 Billion Fraud: Tony Elumelu denies allegations, demands apology
- Ondo government spends over N13 billion on workers allowances
- Ogun state government makes COVID-19 test free for returning students
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria