Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun, has resigned sources close to her told Daily Trust Newspaper.
It is not clear when she submitted her resignation letter.
According to our source, the resignation followed the allegation of not serving the compulsory National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, and obtaining a certificate that the NYSC have disowned.
The minister felt that her position is becoming untenable and is hurting the President in the run up to the 2019 election.
Presidency sources tell NewsWireNGR she had to be forced to resign or she’d have been sacked – ‘though the President has been reluctant but this is an election year and the agitations to get her to explain whether or not she forged the documents keeps embarrassing the Presidency‘
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor