Estimated Reading Time: <1
Dozens of women are currently being held by suspected Fulani herdsmen after a raid on Gwon, Bolki and Nzumosu communities in Numan local government area of Adamawa State.
Numan communities have been under a total siege by suspected herdsmen since January this year but the repeated attacks that have been dismissed as mere farmer/herder clashes by the authorities.
Confirming the recent attacks to newsmen, the member representing Numan constituency at the state House of Assembly, Mrs. Sodom Tayedi told newsmen that the marauding herdsmen were advancing towards other neighboring communities.
She further explained that the exact casualties cannot be ascertained as locals scampered to safety in the bush.
Hon. Tayedi lamented that the attackers were mobilizing from Abbare which has large contingent of soldiers.
“There are soldiers in Abbare, yet these attackers will always mobilise from that Abbare”, she submitted.
She said further; “there is never a time they’ll attack and I never called security agents as member representing the constituency.
“I just called the Brigade Commander again and he assured me that troops are on their way to the area”, she reluctantly said.
The member also noted that even if the soldiers got there, they may not be able to reach the affected villages due to flooding of the area now.
Police could not confirm the attack as Police Spokesman, Habibu Musa did not answer phone calls up to the time of going to press.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS