Estimated Reading Time: <1
Dozens of women are currently being held by suspected Fulani herdsmen after a raid on Gwon, Bolki and Nzumosu communities in Numan local government area of Adamawa State.
Numan communities have been under a total siege by suspected herdsmen since January this year but the repeated attacks that have been dismissed as mere farmer/herder clashes by the authorities.
Confirming the recent attacks to newsmen, the member representing Numan constituency at the state House of Assembly, Mrs. Sodom Tayedi told newsmen that the marauding herdsmen were advancing towards other neighboring communities.
She further explained that the exact casualties cannot be ascertained as locals scampered to safety in the bush.
Hon. Tayedi lamented that the attackers were mobilizing from Abbare which has large contingent of soldiers.
“There are soldiers in Abbare, yet these attackers will always mobilise from that Abbare”, she submitted.
She said further; “there is never a time they’ll attack and I never called security agents as member representing the constituency.
“I just called the Brigade Commander again and he assured me that troops are on their way to the area”, she reluctantly said.
The member also noted that even if the soldiers got there, they may not be able to reach the affected villages due to flooding of the area now.
Police could not confirm the attack as Police Spokesman, Habibu Musa did not answer phone calls up to the time of going to press.
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit