Estimated Reading Time: <1
Dozens of women are currently being held by suspected Fulani herdsmen after a raid on Gwon, Bolki and Nzumosu communities in Numan local government area of Adamawa State.
Numan communities have been under a total siege by suspected herdsmen since January this year but the repeated attacks that have been dismissed as mere farmer/herder clashes by the authorities.
Confirming the recent attacks to newsmen, the member representing Numan constituency at the state House of Assembly, Mrs. Sodom Tayedi told newsmen that the marauding herdsmen were advancing towards other neighboring communities.
She further explained that the exact casualties cannot be ascertained as locals scampered to safety in the bush.
Hon. Tayedi lamented that the attackers were mobilizing from Abbare which has large contingent of soldiers.
“There are soldiers in Abbare, yet these attackers will always mobilise from that Abbare”, she submitted.
She said further; “there is never a time they’ll attack and I never called security agents as member representing the constituency.
“I just called the Brigade Commander again and he assured me that troops are on their way to the area”, she reluctantly said.
The member also noted that even if the soldiers got there, they may not be able to reach the affected villages due to flooding of the area now.
Police could not confirm the attack as Police Spokesman, Habibu Musa did not answer phone calls up to the time of going to press.
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria