Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Mercy Abang
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday met behind closed doors with the U.S. Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The meeting started shortly after Tillerson’s arrival at the State House, Abuja around 4.07 p.m.
The top U.S. diplomat is expected to grant press interview immediately after meeting with President Buhari before departing Nigeria for Washington later today.
It is however, believed that Tillerson and Buhari are expected to discuss counter-terrorism efforts and humanitarian issues in Nigeria’s Northeast and the Lake Chad basin.
“He is also expected to discuss how to advance peace and security, promote good governance and spur mutually beneficial trade and investment with the president.’’
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike