Estimated Reading Time: <1
Olubunmi Okogie, Archbishop emeritus of the Catholic archdiocese of Lagos, says President Muhammadu Buhari should retire quietly come 2019.
Okogie said President Buhari has performed woefully and does not deserve to be re-elected.
There are indications that the president will seek re election in 2019.
Minister of communication, Adebayo Shittu after a closed-door meeting with Buhari told state house correspondents that the President’s ardent supporters would prevail on him to seek re-election.
Reports emerged that Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, has been appointed as the director-general of Buhari campaign.
Okogie speaking with New Telegraph said it was an insult to Nigerians for the president to be talking about 2019 election despite challenges.
The archbishop further advised Buhari to respect himself and think of finding solutions to the problems confronting Nigerians than re election.
“What has he done in the years he had been in the saddle? He has performed woefully; that’s the verdict of Nigerians.
“Let the president respect himself and retire quietly. Coming out to talk of 2019 is insulting not only to those who voted him to power but to all Nigerians.
“There are so many problems confronting the people and he should be thinking of what to do about them. For second term, he must be a joker.
“That is all I can say for now because I don’t want to dignify them with a lengthy statement. It is not worth it.” Okogie said
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria