Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Department of State Services (DSS) on Friday said it has obtained orders to arrest and detain the Managing Director of Capital Oil and Gas Limited, Ifeanyi Ubah.
Peter Oluremodu, DSS counsel said this when he appeared before Justice Idris of a Federal High Court in Lagos on Friday.
Oluremodu who was with a notice of objection to the order to produce Ubah in court, said Ubah was being detained on the orders of Justice Y. Haliru of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
The lawyer said the order was lawfully obtained in compliance with the provisions of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015.
Ubah’s lawyer, Ajibola Oluyede, urged Justice Idris to hold that the DSS violated his order by not producing Ubah.
The oil magnate said the claim by the DSS that he was involved in theft of petrol kept by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, in his tank farm in Lagos was wrong accusation.
The DSS had arrested Ubah for the sale of Petroleum belonging to the NNPC.
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa
- Breaking: Boko Haram beheads 43 farmers in Zabarmari, Maiduguri