Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kano State House of Assembly, on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 constituted an eight-man committee to investigate allegations levelled against the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II.
This came on a day Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, called on the Emir and Kano State government to respect the decisions taken by the Northern Governors Forum to resolve the crisis between them.
Speaker of the 40-man Assembly, Kabiru Alhassan Rurum, who presided over the sitting, constituted the panel following a point of order by a member representing Nasarawa constituency, Mr Ibrahim Ahmad Gama.
The lawmakers alleged that Sanusi had been spreading false information on the trip of Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje to China, recently.
The governor and some state officials had travelled to China, in view of the proposed light rail transport system in the state.
The Assembly accused the emir of attacking the policies of the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari.
It also alleged that the emirate under the leadership of Muhammadu Sanusi II spent funds without the approval of the governor and the Assembly.
Other alleged wrongdoing by the emir, according to the Assembly, include sending his daughter to represent him in a function without dressing in full cultural regalia.
At press time, the emir is yet to respond to the latest affront from the lawmakers
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties
- Breaking: Lets us pray for Nigeria – Pope Francis begs christians
- Niger Delta militants threaten mayhem; roll out 11-point demand
- Food looted from Kaduna warehouses are poisonous; The state government warns
- Looted Palliatives: It is now clear that Buhari is not Nigeria’s problem; says Zahra Buhari-Indimi
- Citizens are targeting their perceived oppressors – Donald Duke
- Soldiers forced medical doctor to swim inside muddy water at gunpoint