Estimated Reading Time: <1
Manchester United FC of England has sent condolences to the families of football fans who died while watching Thursday night’s UEFA Europa League match against Anderlecht.
No fewer than 30 people died in Calabar after an electricity pole fell on the roof of the viewing centre where they were watching Manchester United versus Anderlecht on Thursday.
“Our thoughts go out to the Manchester United fans, their friends and families affected by the tragedy yesterday in Calabar, Nigeria,’’ the club wrote on its Twitter handle on Friday.
It is common practice in Nigeria for fans to watch football matches at viewing centres for a fee, as most either cannot afford the high cable television subscription fees or prefer to watch with other fans.
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students
- Just In: Unknown number of travelers abducted in Osun State