Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Gudu Upper Area Court, Abuja, on Wednesday granted N100,000 bail to a boxer, Bashiru Ali (a.k.a.Bash Ali) docked for alleged criminal trespass.?
?The judge, Alhaji Umar Kagarko, ordered the defendant to provide one surety in like sum that must reside within the court’s jurisdiction.
He adjourned the case till June 15 for hearing.
The defendant was arraigned on April 3, on a four-count charge bordering on criminal trespass, intentional insult, inciting public disturbance and refusal to make statement.
The judge had adjourned ruling on the defendant’s bail application after the defence counsel, Mr Tajudeen Adegbite, applied for his bail on self-recognition.
?The prosecutor, Oyeyemi Adeniyi, had told the court that the defendant criminally trespassed into the office of the Honourable Minister of Sport and Youth Development, Federal Secretariat, Abuja, on April 3.
He said the defendant forcefully entered the office without the minister’s invitation and intentionally insulted the minister.
Adeniyi said the defendant’s action attracted crowd and disrupted the activities of the ministry before the police within the premises intervened.
He said that the defendant refused to make statement to the police when he was arrested.
He added that the offences contravened Sections 348, 399, 114 and 143 of the Penal Code.
The defendant denied committing the offences.
- Kwara cancels pension to ex-governors signed by Saraki in 2011
- Centre for Liberty demands immediate restoration of access to People‘s Gazette website
- Court orders forfeiture of millions found in Ex-Zamfara State account
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party