Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State is at it again, doing what he knows how to do best, arresting journalists.
Daily Post reports that El’Rufai ordered the arrest of Mr. Midat Joseph, a Kaduna-based correspondent of Leadership newspapers.
He was arrested by security operatives in his house at the early hours of Thursday.
According to sources, the journalist who is now in detention in Kaduna was said to have published a report considered critical of the state government.
This development has brought to six, the number of journalists arrested on the orders of the state governor since his assumption of office on May 2015.
However, calls put across to El’Rufai’s Chief Press Secretary for confirmation did not yield results as his line was switched off.
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation
- Katsina Governor, Masari, lifts ban on Juma’at and church services
- Confusion in Cross River as electoral commission issues 4 day notice for local govt election
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness
- Gombe discharges 153 Almajiris after two weeks quarantine
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent