Estimated Reading Time: <1
A former Managing Director of the Daily Times Nigeria Plc, Dr Onukaba Adinoyi Ojo is dead. He was aged 57.
Onukaba died at about 6pm on Sunday at a village near Akure , Ondo State capital .
The spot is said to be about ten minutes to Akure. He was on his way back to Abuja from Abeokuta , Ogun State, where he had joined other dignitaries to attend the inauguration of Obasanjo Presidential Library .
One of his relations, Mr Yusuf Itopa confirmed his death to newsmen in Lokoja on Monday.
He said that late veteran journalist turned politician was knocked down by an oncoming vehicle while running into a nearby bush to escape an armed robbery attack.
Itopa who is devastated by the death of Onukaba said that three of them, including his driver were traveling when they ran into a blockade mounted by armed robbers.
He said Onukaba’s ‘s corpse was later deposited at a mortuary in Akure from where it will be brought for burial today in his hometown, Ihima , Okehi Local Government area of Kogi State.
The late Onukaba who was Senior Special Assistant on media to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar had earlier lost his first wife , Rachael about five years ago.
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria
- Candidate in the NBA elections, Dele Adesina, seeks election cancellation
- Just In: Ekiti workers suspend warning strike
- ‘Oshiomhole seeking the third term as a governor’ by proxy – Edo State Deputy Governor
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed