Estimated Reading Time:
The federal government says only one foreign airline has agreed to use the Kaduna international airport while Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja runway is closed for repairs.
Speaking at a news conference in Abuja on Monday, Hadi Sirika, minister of aviation, said only Ethiopian Airlines, a foreign carrier, had agreed to use the Kaduna airport.
However, he added that more foreign airlines were expected to come on stream before Wednesday.
Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, who formally announced the closure of the Abuja airport runway, said the facility would be shut down at 12 am on Wednesday.
Also speaking, Chibuike Amaechi, minister of transportation, said proper measures had been put in place to the make the Kaduna airport, the alternative facility, safe for travellers.
The airport would be closed for six weeks.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Days To Abuja Airport Closure, Foreign Airlines Reject Kaduna Airport and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt