Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State Government says it has concluded arrangement for the mass wedding of 1,520 prospective couples scheduled to hold on Sunday, Feb. 26.
The Director General of the State Hisbah Board, Dr Abba Sufi, stated this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Saturday.
He said the wedding would be conducted in four Juma’at Mosques in Kano metropolis and at the headquarters of the 44 local government area of the state.
He said Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje was expected to attend the wedding at the Central Mosque, near the Emir’s Palace, while his Deputy and Speaker of State Assembly, Prof Hafiz Abubakar and Alhaji Kabiru Rurum, would attend the event at the Sheik Isiyaka Rabi’u ‘s Mosque and Murtala Mohammed Mosque respectively.
He said the state government had pegged N20, 000 as dowry for each of the brides, while N15,000 would be given to each bride as support or assistance.
Sufi said the Governor would also host the husbands to a reception at 2:00pm while his wife, Hajiya Hafsat Ganduje, would host the brides at 6:00pm on Sunday.
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom