Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State Government says it has concluded arrangement for the mass wedding of 1,520 prospective couples scheduled to hold on Sunday, Feb. 26.
The Director General of the State Hisbah Board, Dr Abba Sufi, stated this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Saturday.
He said the wedding would be conducted in four Juma’at Mosques in Kano metropolis and at the headquarters of the 44 local government area of the state.
He said Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje was expected to attend the wedding at the Central Mosque, near the Emir’s Palace, while his Deputy and Speaker of State Assembly, Prof Hafiz Abubakar and Alhaji Kabiru Rurum, would attend the event at the Sheik Isiyaka Rabi’u ‘s Mosque and Murtala Mohammed Mosque respectively.
He said the state government had pegged N20, 000 as dowry for each of the brides, while N15,000 would be given to each bride as support or assistance.
Sufi said the Governor would also host the husbands to a reception at 2:00pm while his wife, Hajiya Hafsat Ganduje, would host the brides at 6:00pm on Sunday.
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test
- American woman rescued after being held by Nigerian facebook lover for more than a year
- House propose 5-year ban from partisan politics for ex-electoral officials
- National Assembly will engage security agencies to prevent killings in Kaduna – Lawan
- Pope Francis appoints the auxiliary bishop of Onitsha Archdiocese, into Pontifical Council
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly