Estimated Reading Time: <1
A civil servant, Faith Ogu, on Tuesday, dragged her unemployed husband, Joseph Ogu, to a Jikwoyi Customary Court in Abuja, seeking for divorce on the grounds that he deceived her about his ’employment’ status.
Faith told the court that her jobless husband had deceived her into believing he had a source of livelihood before their marriage, adding that she only got to knew about his status as a ‘job-less’ person after they had tied the knot.
“He never told me that he had no job, instead he kept telling me that he works with the Zenith Bank and that he has a business in Lagos, that yields him millions.
“It was after I got married to him that I discovered the whole truth about him,” Faith said.
She told the court that Joseph had also told her that he had built a house somewhere in Lugbe, but that after investigating, she realised that it was false.
Faith said all her efforts to encourage him find a job did not elicit any positive response, as such she wanted the marriage dissolved.
“He is lazy and does not want to do anything for a living; I have been lending him money, hoping that he would pay back.
“I sponsored our wedding, I even lent him money to pay my bride price,” she said.
The petitioner said that she had reported the matter to her elder sister to see if she could advise him but to no avail.
“I beg this court to dissolve my marriage so that I can be free; I am tired of feed, clothing and paying medical bills for my husband ,” she pleaded.
The Presiding Judge, Mr Everyman Eleanya, however reiterated that the respondent had not been in court since the beginning of the case and therefore ordered that a Hearing Notice be pasted in his sister’s house.
He adjourned the case to Feb. 9, for continuation of hearing.
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why
- Nigeria’s continuous battle with married women and ‘state of origin’
- Just In: APC lists, Oyegun, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Others, members of Edo Guber campaign council – read complete names
- OPay to shut all Nigerian operations excluding payments
- Nigerian table tennis champions qualify for 2021 Olympics