Estimated Reading Time: <1
Less than a month after suicide bomber’s attack in a mosque inside the University of Maiduguri, another suicide bomber attempted an attack on another mosque this morning at Dalori quarters.
Dalori quarters is close to the University of Maiduguri.
The bomber detonated the explosive devise at a fence to the mosque because there are security vigilantes at the entrance to the worship centre.
PRNigeria gathered that the bomber was a young person between the age of 8 and 10 years.
One person was also killed from the explosion apart from the suicide bomber.
When contacted on the sex identity of the suicide bomber the Spokesperson of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), North-East zone, Abdulkadir Ibrahim said: “The body of the bomber was so mangled and shredded that only health personnel or experts could determine whether it is that of a boy or a girl. Our role is to evacuate the bodies from the scene which we have done.”
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre