Estimated Reading Time: <1
Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, has said that she has not received any gift from anyone since becoming the President’s wife. Mrs.
Buhari, who spoke at the unveiling of a new campaign against graft tagged, “Women Against Corruption” in Abuja, today, said that she did not also intend to collect gifts as the wife of the president even in the future.
“People have been trying to bring some gift items to me but I have not been collecting them. Right from when I was campaigning with the Wife of the Vice President for our husbands, we did not take a dime from anyone and we have continued like that till today.
“I have never collected any gift and I am not ready to do so even in the future,” she said, and received thunderous applause from the audience made up of top government officials, outstanding Nigerians women and businessmen.
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker