Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Government on Wednesday removed Mrs. Sally Mbanefo as the Director General of the Nigeria Tourism Development.
Mbanefo’s removal was contained in a letter titled “Notification of de-secondment from the Nigeria Tourism Development Corporation( NTDC)” and signed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal on Sunday, November 27, 2016.
The letter reads, “I refer to the attached letter, Ref. No. SGF.6/S.23/1/568 of 8th October 2013 in respect of your secondment from the Keystone Bank Limited to serve as Executive Director/ Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Tourism Development Corporation( NTDC) for a period of two years with effect from 6th May 2013.
“You may note from the foregoing that the period of your secondment at the corporation had since lapsed on 5th May 2016.
Consequently, you are to handover the affairs of the corporation to the most senior officer on or before Wednesday, 30th November, 2016.”
Mbanefo who was appointed by former president Goodluck Jonathan in 2013 was accused of fraud amounting to N270m.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’