Estimated Reading Time: <1
The editors of Y! – TV, Magazine & Online – today announced the shortlist for the 2016 Y!/YNaija.com Person of the Year.
The Y!/YNaija.com Person of the Year is in its sixth year and is awarded to the individual who has most visibly influenced the Nigerian society for good in the past year, breaking new boundaries or consolidating on gains – and driving the advancement of the public, especially young people.
Artiste, Wizkid; Borno governor, Kashim Shettima?; The Nigerian Techie, and The Chibok Girls are among the 10 nominees selected for this year’s award.
Others are Peter Obi, AY Makun, Bukky Shonibare, Dapo Olorunyomi, ?Emir Muhammadu Sanusi, and The Nigerian Paralympic team.
Last year, citizen Josephine Ugwu, the honest airport cleaner who found and returned the precious sum of N12 million in cash was named Person of the Year.
The shortlist is announced following the decision of editors as well as feedback from readers and social media audiences. Voting commences today, Wednesday, 2 November and closes on 5 December, 2016.
See full profile of nominees here: http://ynaija.com/sanusi-wizkid-bukky-shonibare7-others-nominated-yynaija-person-year/
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women
- “A lot of great things are going to come out of this lockdown” – Pastor Enoch Adeboye
- 12-year-old girl raped in Jigawa
- Just In: Nasarawa CAN chairman regains freedom