Estimated Reading Time: <1
At about 9.00am this morning, troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE deployed behind Bakassi Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp, Damboa road, Maiduguri, on security duty, intercepted and killed a male suicide bomber who had attempted to sneak through the troops’ inner parapet towards the IDP camp.
The vigilant sentry sighted the bomber and laid in wait until the suicide bomber came close. The sniper instantly shot and killed the terrorists as he tried to force his way to the western flank of the IDP camp fence.
Unfortunately, the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) vest strapped on the bomber failed to detonate. Consequently, a combined team of military and police Explosive Ordinance Device (EOD) have been called to safely detonate the IED.
The situation at the camp and the general area is calm.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English