Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC has declared Jimoh Ibrahim the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party PDY in the forthcoming governorship election in Ondo state.
Ibrahim who belongs to the Modu Sheriff faction of the PDP replaces Eyitayo Jegede who was the candidate of the Ahmed Makarfi-led faction of the party.
In the final list released Thursday night, INEC also. Announced Chief Olusola Oke as the candidate of the Alliance for Democracy AD. Signed by the commission’s Secretary, Augusta Ogakwu, the list also showed that Rotimi Odunayo Akeredolu remains the candidate of the All Progressives Congress APC.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report