Estimated Reading Time: <1
No fewer than 20 people were feared dead when TETFUND sponsored two storey building under construction collapsed at Kano University of Technology .
The incident that occurred midday was said to have trapped a number of labourers at the site.
Eyewitness said that there are heightened fear that the figures may rise following the deployment of men of Fire service.
The spokesperson of the institution, Abdullahi Abdullahi, confirmed the incident to newsmen.
He however said it was a minor incident and that the school authorities had already taken action on it.
Mr. Abdullahi also denied reports that there was no excavator to evacuate the rubble and that about five of them were drafted to the scene.
This newspaper leant that some of the students of the institution had always preferred to read in the building even though it was still under construction.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown