Estimated Reading Time: <1
No fewer than 20 people were feared dead when TETFUND sponsored two storey building under construction collapsed at Kano University of Technology .
The incident that occurred midday was said to have trapped a number of labourers at the site.
Eyewitness said that there are heightened fear that the figures may rise following the deployment of men of Fire service.
The spokesperson of the institution, Abdullahi Abdullahi, confirmed the incident to newsmen.
He however said it was a minor incident and that the school authorities had already taken action on it.
Mr. Abdullahi also denied reports that there was no excavator to evacuate the rubble and that about five of them were drafted to the scene.
This newspaper leant that some of the students of the institution had always preferred to read in the building even though it was still under construction.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS