Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Department of State Services said on Monday that it has arrested one Mudahsiru Jibrin, who it described as spiritual leader to a newly uncovered Boko Haram cell in Kano.
It claimed that preliminary investigation so far conducted revealed that the suspect was also the mastermind of the shooting of some students at Government Secondary School , Mamudo village near Potiskum, Yobe State, in 2013.
Spokesman for the agency, Mr. Tony Opuiyo, who stated this in a statement in Abuja, said the agency has also made other arrests.
He said that following threat messages against some members of the Diplomatic Corps in Abuja and Lagos, the Service responded and subsequently apprehended one Aikhoje Moses, on August 19, at Azagha by-pass off the Benin–Asaba Expressway in Edo State.
Before his arrest, Moses was alleged to have threatened the diplomatic community in Nigeria, particularly the Consular-Generals of Switzerland and Denmark and their Embassies, warning them to leave the country.
- Group condemns blasphemy death sentence by Kano sharia Court
- Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama recovers from COVID-19
- Osun-Osogbo festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Former Abia Governor, Theodore Orji denies ownership of properties investigated by EFCC
- FIRS, NIPOST fight ‘unnecessary and unhelpful’ says FIRS boss as Reps intervene
- DSS invites Obadiah Mailafia for alleging that Governors are sponsoring Boko Haram
- Protesters in Mali are demanding the President’s resignation
- Nigeria is expecting arms shipment from US, China, Jordan says Buhari
- Ondo Election: Sanwo-Olu heads APC campaign committee
- Insurgency: NAF to establish Base, deploy air assets in Gombe