Estimated Reading Time: <1
Enoch Adeboye, general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), has advised youths of the church against marrying girls who are weak in prayers.
In a viral video being circulated online, Adeboye told young people at the ongoing annual convention of the church that a girl must be able to pray non-stop for at least an hour before being considered for marriage.
He also advised members of the church not to marry lazy girls or girls who cannot cook.
“Marry a prayer warrior! Any girl who cannot pray for one hour non-stop, don’t marry her,” he said.
“Don’t marry a girl who is lazy! You pay her family a surprise visit, and you see how she is doing… If she is lazy when she is single, what would happen if she is married?
“Don’t marry a girl who cannot cook, she needs to know how to do chores and cook because you cannot afford to be eating out all the time. Don’t marry a girl, who is worldly, if you do, you have carried what you will worship for the rest of your life.
“Don’t forget what I am telling you. It’s very important. There are those who I have advised before but ignored my advice. They later came back to me and said: ‘You warned us’. I am warning you now.”
Adeboye also advised Redeemed members not to marry from other churches, and warned pastors against keeping beards.
“Don’t ever marry outside the church and you have no reason to marry outside RCCG. The reason is that if you are both from the same church even when trouble comes it is easier for the pastors to handle it,” he said.
“I don’t want to see any of my pastors looking like fellows from the training camps of Al Qaeda. Any elderly person who cannot show the noble journey for the youth in terms of dressing is not worthy to be described as an elder.
“The youths are young and they don’t know where they are going, but if you watch closely you will find that they don’t know where they are going. They often look up to their fathers for direction but if a father himself does not know what he is doing then there something wrong.
“The youth don’t respect an elder that looks like them. You are supposed to be their guiding light after they have fooled around. Pastors should be clean shaven at all times and must not in any way grow beards that will portray them as persons of different persuasion.”
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match