Estimated Reading Time: <1
Militants in a twin attack, on Monday morning, bombed an oil pipeline belonging to Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) in Batan community in Warri South West Local Government area of Delta State.
THEWILL gathered that the incident occurred at SPDC Camp Five between 12.05 am till about 1a.m. with a huge fire enveloping the site of the attack.
Chairman of Batan community, Dickson Ogugu, who confirmed the attack, said: “We heard a double explosion at about 12:05am between Camp 3 and Kokologbene communities.
“Suspected militants attacked SPDC pipeline in Batan with dynamites. The place was engulfed with fire but efforts have been made to put it off.
“A team of military personnel have been drafted in company of a surveillance team to ascertain the extent of damage.”
None of the militant groups breaching oil facilities in the Niger Delta has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed
- WAEC is deliberately creating a wedge between young Muslims and the mosque says MURIC
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others