Estimated Reading Time: <1
Security personnel have again blocked the entrance into the National Secretariat of the Peoples Democraic Party.
Monday’s take over was sequel to an early morning attempt by the ousted National Chairman of the PDP, Sen. Ali Sheriff, to take over the Secretariat.
Sheriff, some aides and supporters attempted to enter the building but were prevented from doing so by security personnel.
The ousted chairman had earlier told newsmen that he was at the Secretariat to resume duty because until the subsisting court cases were dispensed with, he remains the National Chairman.
We recall that the PDP BoT Had Handed Over To Party Leadership To Makarfi-led Committee.
The former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Uche Secondus formally handed over the secretariat of the party to the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee which was constituted during the party’s National Convention in Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
This is coming days after the party’s Board of Trustees, BoT, announced its decision to preside over the affairs of the PDP based on the litigation involving the faction led by Makarfi and the immediate past national chairman of the party, Ali Modu Sheriff.
Chairman of the board, Senator Walid Jibrin had told staff of the party in Abuja last week that; “We, the BoT are entrusted under the constitution of our party to be in charge of the assets and liability of PDP. Today, the BoT remains the only legal body now in the whole set up and that is why we are here to play our role.”
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge