Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved 34 strategic priority projects to be implemented with the 2016 Budget.
The priority projects were contained in a document presented by the Ministry of Budget and National Planning to the Council presided over by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.
Briefing State House correspondents at the end of the meeting, the Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, says the government was expecting a final copy of the 2016 Budget from the National Assembly for the President’s assent today or tomorrow.
She briefd alongside the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, Minister of State, Industry, Trade and Investment, Aisha Abubakar, and Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Khadija Bukar Abba.
The 34 priority projects are grouped into four broad objectives including security/policy governance, diversification of economy, succour for vulnerable? Nigerians and relating the economy through investments.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS